Covered Bridges:

Lane was the first Oregon county to build covered bridges on a large scale and still maintains more than any other county west of the Mississippi River. Early bridges used a truss and housing design furnished by the Oregon State Highway Department and as a result most of the County's bridges are similar in appearance. Out of the twenty in Lane County, sixteen bridges are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and fourteen are still open to traffic, a testimony to timely rehabilitation and continued good maintenance.

Centennial Covered Foot BridgeCentennial Bridge
Footbridge at intersection of Main Street and River Road. Constructed in 1987 by volunteers to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the founding of Cottage Grove and was made of timbers from dismantled County bridges. Span 84 ft, timber through (Howe) truss design.

Mosby Creek Covered BridgeMosby Creek Bridge
Built in 1920 - making it Lane County's oldest covered bridge. Restored in 1990 and is open to vehicular traffic. Mosby Creek Bridge is located on Layng Road. Span 90 ft., timber through (Howe) truss design.

Currin BridgeCurrin Bridge
Named after a local pioneer family. Built in 1925 to replace an earlier covered bridge that was constructed in 1883. Currin Bridge was restored in 1995 and is located on Layng Road. Span 60 ft., timber through (Howe) truss design.

Dorena BridgeDorena Bridge
Also know as the Star Bridge. Constructed in 1949 and rehabilitated and modified with new windows in 1996. The Dorena Bridge is located a couple of miles up-stream from the reservoir. Open only to bicycle and foot traffic. Span is 105 ft., timber through (Howe) truss design.

Stewart BridgeStewart Bridge
The Stewart Bridge was built in 1930, restored in 1996, and is now open only to bicycle and foot traffic. It is on Garoutte Road which is off Mosby Creek Road. It spans 60 ft., timber through (Howe) truss design.

Chambers BridgeChambers Bridge
Oregon's only covered railroad bridge is located at South River Road and Harrison Avenue. The Chambers Bridge was constructed in 1925 to transport logs to a local mill. The bridge was used until the mill burned down seventeen years later. Span 78 ft, timber through (Howe) truss design.

Swing BridgeSwinging Foot Bridge
Originally built for students to cross the river. Foot and bicycle traffic only and is accessed from Madison Avenue or South River Road. At least the fourth bridge of its type built at this location.